Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cards for a Cause, July

I have been busy with a couple of things this month one was a trip to Washington DC which I'll blog about later and the other was making some Christmas cards for the Troops over at splitcoaststampers  this is an appeal put out by the Art of Encouragement and taken up by the members of the Splitcoast Stampers for their July cause.


Here is a little summary about The Art of Encouragement taken from their website:

About Us

Our goal is to spread a little Christmas cheer to the men and women of our country who have so bravely sacrificed to keep our country free.

Founded by Ashley Hyde in 2008, The Art of Encouragement sent out 450 Christmas cards their first Christmas. 2011 will be our fourth year, and we have plans of sending over 20,000 Christmas cards to VA hospitals and care centers around the United States.

New to TAOE in 2010 was our airport outreach. We passed out 75 cards to uniformed soldiers in DFW airport the week before Christmas. We plan on traveling back to DFW this year to pass out hundreds.

Here are a sample of some of the cards I am sending in today. You are encouraged to write a personal note inside which I did for 10 of the cards and then the other cards I have left blank for someone else to write a personal message of support and encouragement. Yes I know I have pink cards but don't forget there are women who serve as well as the men. I hand stamped the cards with snow stamps from Inkadinkado and Stampin Up and the greetings on the outside and inside were stamps from MSE (My Sentiments Exactly), the banner sentiment was from Stampin up. The ink I used was from the Archival Brilliance range in Pearlescent Sky Blue and Orchid. The card stock was just a Basics card stock in blue, red and green. 








Keep Well x 

No comments:

Post a Comment