Monday, December 12, 2011

Christmas Cards

As so many of us have, I have been making a few Christmas cards to send out to people. It's a time consuming process when you don't have any cards already made. So I've spent the last couple of weeks frantically making cards and then taking a few photographs, who knew that taking the photographs is even harder than making the cards. Plus I have a cat that gets interested every time I get my camera out. See..
Biggsy and card

Biggsy and card

The reason why he has a stump for a tail is that he was run over by a car a couple of years ago and the vet had to amputate it. He must have used up a couple of lives that night!!!

Here's a Christmas card I made for my MIL, she has a passion for sewing so I bought this die and stamp set with her in mind. 


Stamp sets are always a roll of the dice size wise and I feel that the some of the elements are too large for the card now, but it's too late, I've all ready posted this card. Usually I'm careful when choosing the dimension of stamps and dies because I prefer to make the smaller A2 size cards. I think this set would look better on a 5.5x5.5 size card, some inter net sites do not include the size of the items in the stamp sets just the overall set size and that can end up being costly for the unwary. Also my button stash isn't vast and I had to make do with a green button that was probably too large as well but I had it in my mind that I wanted a green button **sighs**. 

Here is a stamp and die set I'm very happy with..


This is a Sweet 'n' Sassy stamp and die set that I feel has the right dimensions for an A2 card, in fact there isn't much I'm unhappy with here so I'll just let the card do the talking. 

I love the stamp in the next card, I've used an emboss resist technique here, the image is embossed in gold and distressed with ranger broken china ink. I don't know if the bow will survive the posting but fingers crossed...... 



The next stamp ended up being my favorite this year coincidentally this is a My Favorite Thing stamp. I really enjoyed colouring and paper piecing it, I think it's very cute. 


I did cut the snow ball off about half way to scale the image down for the card but I feel it works very well and the cool blue of the paper just adds to the wintry feel of the card. Can you tell I love it ?.. lols

Happy Holidays

=^-^=




No comments:

Post a Comment