Tuesday, June 18, 2013

For Dad

Kia Ora.

It's been a beaut day here today, I was asked to go up the mast of another yacht by a Russian/German Kiwi lols. His radio antenna was blown off the top of his mast the other day in the strong winds we've been having here, he saw my Kiwi flag and came over to say hello.  Then he noticed how oober small I am and asked if I minded going up to have a look. He's at least twice as heavy as me and single handed at the moment, so feeling sorry for him, I said yes. Anything to help another Kiwi in a strange land.

Anyhoo long story short I got up to within reaching distance of the dangling antenna and then bam the winch broke and I went up no further. So I was lowered back down again and now he'll have to pay to get the winch repaired and to get someone else to go up the mast because I won't push my luck a second time. One slip and you fall on to the deck in a heap and then get bounced over the guard rail and into the water breaking various things on the way.

Enough rambling from me and on to today's challenge.

I'd like to enter the following card in the Totally Gorjuss Challenge 188 For Dad



Heres what I can remember using...

Copics - B21, B32, B34, E00, E21, E31, E51, E55, W1, W3, W5, YG91, C1, C3, C5, C7
Stamp - LOTV, Toot Toot
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black. Ranger Broken China
DP - Wellington
Dies - MFT, Spellbinders

Thanks for looking

as always

Keep Well x 

=^-^=

4 comments:

  1. Awesome card loving this stamp which I just got in the mail last week....fab colours too...thanks for dropping in my blog to be in the run for the candy you need to be a member lol..and I have a candy every month or so...

    Hubby loves sailing and sailed the Sydney to Hobart a few moons ago and now has bought a cat to sail in races..

    cheers, luv aNNie

    http://annieforeva.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Annie..

      Yes thanks I did become a member before the internet ran out.. I hope.

      Awesome I haven't raced at all but Scrubby has. He's the sailor really I just go along for the adventure of it. It's either that or divorce lols.

      He might be interested in our feeble attempts to get our hole in the water sailing, this is our youtube channel..

      http://youtu.be/bzllW4DgHMM

      Nicky

      =^-^=

      Delete
  2. Firstly, how brave a woman are you. I can't imagine you having space to sit and craft aboard a yacht, but hey, you've done it! Your card is fabulous. Love that image and your colouring is superb. Thanks for joining in the fun at TG this week, as it's given me a chance to browse your blog. Good luck for the rest of your trip, hugs Sharon(DT), South Africa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind comments and I'm loving joining in the TG challenges... Space is at a premium and it's difficult not cluttering the place up with my crafting things, but my Scrubby understands that I have to make a mess when I'm being "creative"

      =^-^=

      Delete