Sunday, August 18, 2013

Vintage/Shabby Chic

Kia Ora..

From the marina at Cherbourg on a day that doesn't know what it wants to do, happy or sad. It's been a sun shiny rainy day so far. I've left a little bit of the boat showing in the back ground , I usually take my photos on the companionway steps but I thought I'd move the card out into the cockpit to take todays photo, they say a change is as good as a rest lols.

I'd like to enter todays card into Lili's Little Fairies Vintage/Shabby Chic Challenge I admit I'm having a bit of a love affair with LOTV stamps at the moment, my bad, shhh don't tell the Scrubby.

I've never really sat down and thought what is vintage or shabby chic even but this is what I came up with..


The stamp is LOTV ..looking glass. I've used a paper I got in one of the local shops here and I think the brand is stamparia  but I couldn't see what the paper was called. I used a charm, lace, flat back pearls, ribbon and flowers that I've had in my stash for about a year now and I've almost run out, I'm not sure what I'll do about that yet. I would normally copic color the image but I didn't, I paper pieced her on a cream card stock and then just distressed her around the edges with ranger's vintage photo. I did however use C1 to put in some shadow around her wig and underneath her arm. I distressed the DP and did some faux stitching with a white gel pen. 


The tag is cut out from the other side of the DP and the paper the image is mounted on is a tissue paper from the same company I mentioned before, I fussy cut it and then mounted it on card stock so I could raise it enough to go over the lace and ribbon.


Oh yes and I used Kraft card stock for the card base. I think that about covers it except for the fact that I've realised I really don't have many sentiment stamps I can use on cards, this is a situation that I intend to rectify real soon, maybe as soon as next month.... maybe..... if I can sneak them past the Scrubby .. know what I mean crafty gals ;)

Thanks for looking

and as always 

Keep Well x 

=^-^=







2 comments:

  1. I really like this card. I'm just trying to get the hang of vintage cards too. I don't think mine will be as good as this though. Debra x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind comments Debra.

    I actually like this "style" of card I didn't think I would but I have a few stamps now that I really think would compliment it. I expect my next few cards will reflect this lols..

    ReplyDelete